Apart from my professional portfolio, I have contributed to several open source projects. On this page, I keep a list of these contributions, mostly for my own reference.
Projects I started:
Bright Nucleus Framework Components
The Bright Nucleus Framework is a set of reusable Composer packages mainly targeted at WordPress projects.
They all share the same goal of bringing reusable code and proper OOP principles to existing and new WordPress projects. They are best used with Composer and a dependency injection container.
- Bright Nucleus Boilerplate – Boilerplate package you can use to quickly create a new package from scratch.
- Bright Nucleus Chainmail – Responsive Email Renderer Library. (WIP)
- Bright Nucleus Config – Minimal, reusable Config component.
- Bright Nucleus Config 5.2 – Minimal, reusable Config component (without namespaces).
- Bright Nucleus Contracts – Set of segregated interfaces that are reused across different Bright Nucleus components.
- Bright Nucleus Country Codes – Automatically updated country data containing ISO codes and English country names, powered by free MaxMind data.
- Bright Nucleus Custom Content – Config-driven WordPress Custom Content Definitions (Custom Post Types, Custom Taxonomies).
- Bright Nucleus Dependencies – Config-driven WordPress dependencies.
- Bright Nucleus Exceptions – Reusable framework-specific exceptions.
- Bright Nucleus GeoLite2 Country Database – Composer-packaged version of the free MaxMind GeoLite2 Country database.
- Bright Nucleus Injector – Config-driven extension of Auryn Dependency Injector.
- Bright Nucleus Invoker – Function and method invoking traits that match named arguments in the right order.
- Bright Nucleus Localization – WordPress localization for Bright Nucleus components.
- Bright Nucleus Namespace Backtracer – Get the namespace of the calling object.
- Bright Nucleus PHP Feature – PHP feature detection library. (WIP)
- Bright Nucleus PHP Releases – Automatically updated database of PHP releases from the official PHP website.
- Bright Nucleus Service Locator – Config-driven Service Locator, based on Pimple.
- Bright Nucleus Settings – Config-driven WordPress settings.
- Bright Nucleus Shortcodes – Config-driven WordPress shortcodes.
- Bright Nucleus Static Facade – Abstract static Facade class to wrap around shared object instances for convenient access.
- Bright Nucleus Testbed – Testing grounds for the different Bright Nucleus components. (WIP)
- Bright Nucleus View – Reusable View component, that can provide different implementations.
PHP Composter Framework
The PHP Composter framework and its accompanying extension provide an automated way for developers to include
git hooks within their source code repository. These hooks become immediately active once you’ve run
composer install , which can drastically simplify developer on-boarding.
- PHP Composter Framework – Git Hooks Management through Composer.
- PHP Composter PHPCS PSR-2 – Check your PHP source code for PSR2 compliance before committing.
Projects I contributed to:
- Assert – Thin assertion library for use in libraries and business-model.
- Antispam Bee – Easy and extremely productive spam-fighting plugin with many sophisticated solutions. Includes privacy hints and protection against trackback spam.
- Hierarchy – No-dependencies package that embodies WordPress template hierarchy.
- Checker-CLI – A command line tool to perform various checks on WordPress themes. Currently the command does nothing but return a standard comment.
- CleverReach Extension – CleverReach WordPress Plugin.
- Consolidation Bootstrap – Locate and bootstrap components needed to run code from a framework.
- Cavalcade – A better wp-cron. Horizontally scalable, works perfectly with multisite.
- Composer – Dependency Management for PHP
- Codeception Redirects Module – Test URL redirects in Codeception.
- Crelly Slider – Open Source WordPress slider with a powerful Drag&Drop Builder.
- Doctrine Annotations – Annotations Docblock Parser.
- Easy Digital Downloads – Sell digital downloads through WordPress.
- Gary Jones Plugin Boilerplate – PSR-4 + PHP 7.0 WordPress plugin boilerplate.
- Genesis – The Genesis Theme Framework for WordPress
- GitHub Updater Lite – Drop-in support for GitHub automatic updates.
- Genesis Accessible – Accessibility features for the Genesis Framework.
- Go! AOP PHP – Modern aspect-oriented framework for PHP.
- Inpsyde Validator – Inpsyde Validator library.
- Kint – debugging helper for PHP developers
- PHP.net – Official homepage of the PHP scripting language.
- PHP FIG Standards – Standards either proposed or approved by the Framework Interop Group.
- Torro Forms – Extendable WordPress form builder with Drag & Drop functionality, chart evaluation and more.
- Variable VVV – The Best VVV Site Wizard
- Varying Vagrant Vagrants – Open source Vagrant configuration focused on WordPress development.
- VVV Dashboard – Dashboard for Varying Vagrant Vagrants.
- WordPress – WordPress Core.
- WordPress Coding Standards – PHP_CodeSniffer rules (sniffs) to enforce WordPress coding conventions.
- WP-API – WordPress REST API.
- WP CLI – A command line interface for WordPress.
- WP CLI Scaffold Command – Scaffold WP-CLI commands with functional tests
- WP Starter – Easily bootstrap whole site Composer packages for WordPress.
- Zalando OAuth2 Client JS – A library to help you handle OAuth2 access and refresh tokens.